Thursday 10 February 2011

Turtle Beach X31

For all you non-gamers that read this, Turtle Beach X31 (I'll refer to them as TB's from now on) are a gaming headset, produced by Turtle Beach, a headset/sound card manufacturer.

I do quite a lot of online gaming, call of duty, FEAR and all that sort of thing. I really enjoy doing it, and before my TB's, I have an old pair of Sony headphones that were alright, they weren't especially good, but they got the job done. Since I enjoyed gaming so much, I thought I'd treat myself and buy a pair of TB's. So here I am, wearing them right now, listening to music.

That's the great thing about these TB's. They're a gaming headset primarily, but they're great for listening to music on. With music, they produce a really deep and rich sound with a great bass.

But as aa gaming headset, they surpassed my expectations by lightyears. I expected these to be a high quality headset, they were £60 so they ought to be, but when I started playing...words do not describe. I could hear footsteps from 20ft away sa if they were right next to me, pinpoint gunfire location, the works. These things are excellent.

They come with an RF transmitter, so they headset is mainly wireless, unless you want to speak to friends in your party at the same time. You plug the transmitter into any usb port on the gaming console of your choice (Xbox 360, PS3 or PC), and plug the red & white cables where they would normally be put into the TV. The RF transmitter can give the TB's a good sound from about 6ft away, which is quite impressive.

I rate these as high as it is possible to rate. I plan on buying a DSS to improve them further, so watch out for another post about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment