Saturday 1 January 2011

2010 thoughts.

As we're putting 2010 away in a cupboard, we're brining out a shiny new replacement year that does all the things 2010 couldn't, the model being 2011.

It's easy, when thinking about the years actions, to only pay attention to the bad things that happen. For example, I could focus on my grandfather's death, or my dog's death. Death being the prominent theme. But this is a bad thing to do, there are so many good things that happen that it becomes almost commonplace, and that's why the bad things 'stick out'.

When thinking about 2010 last night, I completely forgot about my mini-holiday to Wales. It was excellent, with great views and I generally had a great time with my family. I'd forgotten about other things too.I've met some great people this year, like Zak, Alex, Holly and others, and I've had great outings with them. Seeing Inception with Zak and Jewis. All the private jokes that no one really understands, (SKA!) and others I really shouldn't mention that Holly said! :P

I've made mistakes, but no worse than people of my age have, and I've had success. The mistakes making the success all the much sweeter.

This entry seems to be more about my past experiences than anything, but that's what blogs are. My general message is that you need to try and look past the bad things, and appreciate the good things. Terrible things happen, things that I wouldn't wish upon anyone, and so do amazingly good things.

I hope you had a good year, and that the coming year is even better.

/philosophical ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment