Saturday 11 December 2010

Xbox 360 Slims and their Wireless madness.

Hey Guys and Gals.

I know only two or three people out of the five followers I have actually enjoy video games, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Back in October, I purchased a 250GB Xbox 360 Slim. Today, I returned that very same console to the shop I bought it from, thinking it broken. Anyway, got the new one back today, and it had the very same problem.

Turns out, it wasn't a genuine problem, just a stupid thing Microsoft have done. Now, this following problem is only wireless, it works fine if you're on a wired connection.

I brought up my network connection page on the Xbox, did everything correctly, and it still refused to connect. Me and Dad had added the MAC address into the filter, applied a static IP address, you name anything within reason, we did it. So, we rang up the ol' fellas at Microsoft, and began speaking to some Indian people. They asked us to try plugging the xbox into the router via ethernet cable, signing in, and then removing the ethernet cable. To our surprise, this worked.

Not very interesting, but a good thing to know if you're thinking about getting a slim on a wireless connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment